Large corporations have CIO's (Chief Information Officers) to manage IT operations and help top
management make the right IT strategy and spending decisions. Small and mid-sized companies have
the same problems to address and the same needs for CIO's as large corporations, but often cannot
afford, or do not need, a full time CIO with the attendant salary and benefits.
By contracting for a virtual or part time CIO, you can obtain the senior level technology management
you seek at a commitment level equal to your requirements - higher when planning for and
implementing new technology and lower when between challenges. This unique approach offers you several
- Access to top quality executive IT expertise-when you need it. Pay only for time you use
- Executive guidance on IT issues
- Updates and input on new IT trends and technologies
- Outside perspective based on broad experience
- Improved IT contribution to overall business objectives
- Lower cost IT operations
- Increased management time to focus on other critical issues
Key functions of the virtual CIO can include:
- Align IT strategy and focus with overall business objectives
- Business system technology planning (Strategic Technology Planning)
- IT budget analysis (e.g. Do you really need to upgrade your systems?)
- Quarterly reviews of IT plans and results
- Project planning and management (Project Management)
- System requirements analysis and design to meet business objectives
- Software package selection and implementation (ERP, CRM, etc.)
- E-Commerce and Web initiatives.
- EDI, Imaging, Bar Coding, Fax Integration, etc.
- Management of IT operations
- Recruit and evaluate IT staff and contractors
- Operational reviews of PC's and Networks, System Operations, Security, etc.
- IT problem identification and resolution
- Security and Risk Analysis
- Technology Vendor Selection and Management
- Technology Contract Negotiations
Contact Keller Consulting today at
to discuss your virtual CIO needs.